Calendar of Cultural 2023 / 2024 for the City of Munich
Munich Beer Festival - Oktoberfest
The Oktoberfest, which takes place in September for 16 days and ends on the first weekend of October, is the world's largest popular festival (21 September to 6 october 2024). In 2019, it attracted 6.3 million visitors. Visitors can look forward to an extensive cultural and folklore programme throughout the festival from 10 am to 10.30 pm (9 am at the weekend), where they can enjoy the specially brewed Oktoberfest beer, the "Wiesn Märzen", with a higher than normal alcohol content (6-7%), naturally served in the traditional one-litre mugs, the "Maß" (Mass). The "Wiesn" is also waiting for you with its funfair; merry-go-round for all ages, roller coaster and ghost trains rub shoulders with numerous vendors of regional sausages, chickens and giant bretzels on the same square.
More information about the "Theresienwiese Wiesn" and the Great Hall of Honour can be found on our page about Munich's monuments. Practical information awaits you. Photo: © München Tourismus - A. Kupka
• Date: 21 September to 6 october 2024
• Official Oktoberfest website - www.oktoberfest.de
• Beer and Oktoberfest Museum - www.bier-und-oktoberfestmuseum.de
• Guided tour "Gastronomic Munich" - The guided city tours of Valérie Kieffer
Amazing Places to Discover & Relaxation
Below are some of the must-see places that we recommend for your holiday in Munich. We would also like to remind you that LatLon-Europe presents other tourist destinations. Contact us if you have other ideas to complete our pages.
Hellabrunn Zoological Garden
The Hellabrunn Zoo in Munich is one of the most renowned zoos in Europe and was founded in 1911. A special feature of the zoo is the distribution of the 750 species of animals according to their continent of origin. A visit to this geozoo will take you on a journey from the North Pole to Africa, America, Asia, Australia and Europe over an area of 40 hectares. Regularly new transformations allow species to live in good conditions as close as possible to the wild state, as in the example of the 10'000 m2 of the African savannah where several species cohabit since 2013. Metro U3 to Thalkirchen (Tierpark). Photo: © Tierpark Hellabrunn / Marc Müller
• Tierparkstr. 30, 81543 München - www.hellabrunn.de
• Daily from 9 am to 5 pm (6pm April-October)
• Admission 15 € - Children (4-14 years) 6 € - Family price
Do you still remember the movie "The Never-ending Story" with Bastien, Atreyu and the dragon Falkor? The film was shot in the famous BAVARIA studios, as were "Das Boot" and "Asterix and Obelix vs. Caesar". Dive into the world of Cinema in the Studio or through a 4D movie. Of course, you will visit the famous studios as a group. Photo: © Bavaria Filmstadt
• Bavariafilmpl. 7, 82031 Grünwald - Tram 25, stop Bavariafilmpl.
• Daily - Here the complete timetable
• Information : www.filmstadt.de
• he tour of the studios is guided in German and English during the summer months at 1 p.m. If the visit is in German, you can download an audio-guide in English or French and follow the guide.
If you are passionate about cars, then a visit to BMW Welt is a must. On a surface of 16'000m2 in a building with futuristic architecture, find all the BMW world. The BMW Museum brings together the technological prowess of a century of BMW innovations. Cafés and restaurants are located in the BMW Welt and you also have the opportunity to visit the factory (German/English) by reservation (12 € p.p.) on +49 (0)89 1250 16001 Photo: © München Tourismus - S. Mueller
• The museum is open except on Mondays from 10 am to 6 pm
• Admission to the BMW Welt is free - 10 € for the museum (family 24 €)
• Information : www.bmw-welt.com
Olympic Park - Stadium and panorama
The Olympic Park was laid out for the 1972 Games with its stadium that you can also visit. The park is well worth the detour and you can enhance your walk with a game of mini-golf or enjoy the view from the tower of the Olympic Park at an altitude of 190 metres with or without reservation at the revolving restaurant 181. To get there, take the underground U3 in the direction of "Moosach" and get off at the "Olympiazentrum" stop. Photo: © München Tourismus - Tommy Loesch
• All opening times, prices and events can be found on the Olympiapark website: www.olympiapark.de
• Restaurant 181 - +49 89 350 948 181
Bayer München & Allianz Arena
Who says Munich, thinks of its football team, Bayern München and its stadium, the Allianz Arena built by the Swiss Herzog & de Meuron with 75'000 seats. You can visit the stadium in general from 10 am to 7 pm (9 am in the middle of summer) but go to the site for days without access due to matches. The best is of course to experience all the emotions of a match by buying a ticket here but you have to do it a long time in advance! You can try it on the spot at the stadium ticket office from 1pm (without guarantee). The Bayern München Museum awaits you every day from 10 am to 6 pm (except on match days). Photo: © München Tourismus - Bernd Roemmelt
Westbad & Fitness/SPA
• The Westbad offers various swimming pools, one of which is a heated outdoor saltwater pool. There are also different types of saunas (we remind you that in Germany in the tradition we do not wear bathing suits, just a towel). Every day from 7.30 am to 10.30 pm. Sauna: Monday and Wednesday only for ladies and Tuesday until 3pm only for men. Weinbergerstraße 11, 81241 München
• The Elements Fitness & Wellness is a combined sports and SPA centre. A day pass costs 30 € and you can order a massage on site. Three centres in Munich. Photo: © SWM/ Kerstin Groh
The city guided tours of Munich in English with your guide Valérie Kieffer
Thematic or tailor-made guided tours with your private guide
A guided tour is the best way to understand and appreciate a city like Munich with its long and fascinating history as well as its historical monuments.
Have you ever tried a private guided tour? Even if you pay a little more than a group visit on a fixed date, the great advantages are that you can visit at your own pace, according to your interests and, above all, you save time with all the good advice your guide will give you during the guided tour.
Information here and booking your guided tour :
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or +49 (0)170 437 89 48